LEVEL 1 & 2
Do you want deeper, more meaningful, more conscious relationships with the people in your life?
Do you want to know yourself in profoundly new ways, and be a catalyst for others to know themselves as well?
Do you want to have the power to lead any relationship toward greater understanding, deeper connection and intimacy, and sustainable trust and regard?
The ART of Being Human - Level 1 & 2
Awake Retreat Center – Uvita, Costa Rica
Level 1 – November 13-14, 2021
Level 2 – November 20-21, 2021
ART Level 1
ART Level 2
Level 1 Course Description
Our flagship authentic relating course has introduced the foundational tools and skills of this life changing practice to thousands of people around the world. The course is designed to make the learning of authentic relating as accessible, adoptable, practical, and engaging as possible, so that graduates can apply their new skills to their lives right away with immediate results.
We’ve designed this course to give you the experience of profound connection, intimacy, trust, and aliveness with anyone you want, anytime, anywhere – all within just two days. The tools and skills we teach work across all social contexts, from the workplace to the living room, from strangers to partners and everyone in between.
Our experienced Course Leaders expertly guide you through a curriculum that strongly emphasizes embodied and experiential learning. This is not a lecture or seminar – it is a deep dive full-immersion training that will leave you enlivened, heart and mind-opened, and deeply connected to yourself and others.
We’ve delivered the same Level 1 Course to spiritual seekers in Bali, jail inmates in Colorado, executives in New York City, and men and women from all across the social, cultural, economic, and political spectrum, of all ages and nationalities, on four continents. Universally, participants report profound and lasting transformation in all aspects of their lives. The course speaks in the shared language of human connection, and is designed specifically to include everyone in the practice of Authentic Relating, no matter what path they’ve traveled in life.
We believe that we all have the capacity to be bridges – between parts of ourselves, ourselves with others, and together with the world. The course’s mission is to build bridges, and use our bridges to heal, connect, and co-create a more enlivened, awakened world – together.
As a graduate of the ART Level 1 course, you will leave with:
- The ability to engage in deep, meaningful, soulful conversations with anyone, anytime, anywhere
- A powerful language and skill-set to accurately and transparently express your authentic experience in real time, and to invite others to do the same
- The awareness to identify your true, core desires, and the ability to articulate them to others
- A profound understanding of the dignity of speaking your authentic voice, and the humility of using your eyes and ears to pay attention to – and learn from – the world around you
- The ability to see and reflect the essential being in others, and to gently guide them into a space in which they can be fully, wholly themselves – one of the greatest gifts we can offer each other
- A complete set of powerful tools to de-escalate conflict and to use conflict as a vehicle leading to deeper connection, understanding, and empathy
- A restored connection to childlike genuine curiosity, and a perspective that regards the world with awe and wonder
- The ability to set powerful context at both the personal and collective levels, and a clear understanding of how influential context is in informing our experience of life
- An experience of profoundly vulnerable, intimate, beautiful connections with other participants that will leave you inspired, delighted, and heart-opened
Level 2 Course Description
To be a whole and integrated human being means knowing and welcoming yourself fully, including the parts of yourself that you turn away from, suppress, and disown.
The ART Level 2 Training will guide you to explore your own shadows and those of others in a tightly held conscious, relational space. You will be witnessed and welcomed in your journey, and have access to vast new realms of authentic connection in the intimate and vulnerable territory we explore together.
The Level 2 course includes skills and practices in these areas:
- Nervous system training – how to be with any charge and stay empowered and composed
- Group attunement – how to tune into a group field and notice and name what’s present
- Integrity as a practice – how to establish, maintain, and restore a personal standard of integrity
- Body language – how to read, perceive and interpret all forms of body language
- Multiple perspectives – how to hold multiple perspectives and use them as a bridge to connection
- Own your experience – going deeper into owning your experience than at the Level 1
- Making the implicit explicit in culture and society
- Dignity and humility as an embodied experience and reference point
- Public speaking – how to be known and revealed in speaking to groups
- Other high-level advanced authentic relating tools and skills offered throughout the course
*NOTE: You may register any time, but note that ART Level 1 is a prerequisite to ART Level 2. Your Level 1 must be completed before your Level 2 course begins as we will be building upon many of the insights and teachings from that course.
About the Location:
Awake is a community, school, retreat center and hub in service of the indivdual and collective awkening journey. Awake is located on a 13 acres piece of land bordering the Uvita river near the pacific ocean in the south of Costa Rica.
REGISTER FOR LEVEL 1 AND 2 NOW!
Costa Rica – Level 1 & 2
$345.00 – $650.00
IMPORTANT NOTE: All payments are processed in USD. Local currencies are listed for reference, based on exchange rates at the time the course was posted.
Level 1: Nov. 13-14 ($345 USD), Level 2: Nov. 20-21 ($395 USD), Level 1 & 2 combo: ($650 USD)
Questions? Schedule a Call with an ART Facilitator
Scheduling a call with one of our Course Leaders is a great way to get your questions answered firsthand by the amazing humans who facilitate our Level 1 courses.
We are here to help you feel comfortable with what to expect, share in more detail about the benefits of our Authentic Relating program, and to be a sounding board as you decide if ART Level 1 is a good fit for you.
Five percent of all ART International profits are donated to Realness Project (RP), ART International’s sister organization and 501(c)3 nonprofit, bringing authentic relating training to jails, prisons and schools.