Level 3: The ART of Leadership
San Isidro de Peñas Blancas, San Ramón, Costa Rica
March 8 -15, 2022
Brave Earth (Tierra Valiente) is a burgeoning community, regenerative farm, and healing arts center based in northern Costa Rica. Here amidst the jungle, thermal pools and cloud forest, they are exploring new and ancient ways of living. Their mission is to create a new type of model, a living laboratory, in service to regeneration that is decentralized, resilient and replicable. Their vision to help create a network of communities around the world that are united through shared values in order to create a more unified global field.
They believe it requires bravery to step out of the traditional constructs of globalized monoculture and step into alternative systems grounded in the reality of what is possible when we align ourselves to the wisdom and power of Nature.
Watch their video to learn more about what Brave Earth has to offer, or check out their website for more information on this gorgeous transformational oasis. We are so looking forward to gathering there for The ART of Leadership in March!
Accommodations & Shared Spaces
Brave Earth’s rooms are inspired by Nature’s design and are created to be spaces that invite deep rest, rejuvenation and connection. Each space has something unique to offer. Their guest rooms are built with different building modalities and materials such as AirCrete and locally-sourced wood, bamboo and clay. Earth walls, floors and natural materials give the space a very grounding feeling, inspiring a deep stillness. Intentional use of organic forms, materials and textures inspire the senses to connect to nature.
Their shared spaces are where we communally gather and are designed to feel symbiotic with the environment in which we are embedded. Gather under the mango tree in the garden, enjoy the outdoor fire pit, share songs and stories under the stars.
Kitchen and Food
Rumi’s Kitchen is a communal dining space, and is also known as the heart of the center. This is where we will gather to share mostly plant-based meals that are lovingly prepared from the organic fruits and vegetables grown on the land or sourced from local farmers; eggs, cheese and fish will be available at some meals. The dining area is connected to an open kitchen and the food-growing gardens creating an intentional link with where the food comes from, the preparation of food and the enjoyment of their nourishing meals.
The Maloca/Gathering Space
The Maloca is the central gathering space and is considered the soul of the center. Crafted with intention using sacred proportions and organic materials, this space is both grounding and activating. The central fire sits directly below the octagonal opening that spirals the energy in the structure upwards. This opening welcomes starlight and moonbeams during the night and sunlight during the day. Within the earthen floors is the sacred geometric shape of the Merkaba, the alchemical symbol for union and balance. Copper, a conductor of energy, is inlaid in these wooden strips as well as surrounding the perimeter of the structure to ground the energy into the Earth.
INCLUDED IN THE COST
OF THE PROGRAM:
ART Level 3 Leadership Course led by Senior Course Leader Dayna Seraye (co-lead TBA shortly). Read more about Dayna here.
- Beautiful, modern accommodations in a world-class retreat setting
- Welcome day before the course (Mar 8) and Integration day after the course (Mar 15)
- Seven days of transformation, experiential learning, conscious community, and deep, soulful relational work
- Organic and locally-sourced, mostly plant-based meals prepared 3x daily (with snacks, coffee & tea)
- Access to the beautiful grounds and land surrounding the retreat center
By Application Only
To create the most potent group field, we ask that all interested prospective participants go through the application process so that we can get a better sense of where you are in your leadership path and carefully determine if the Level 3 course is a good fit for you and for the group as a whole.
Ongoing Participant Contact
Part of the context of the Level 3 course is to support graduates in sharing the authentic relating practice and its constituent tools and skills with a wider audience. As such, we are committed to providing extensive support to help establish the resources and infrastructure our graduates may need to create the vehicles by which the practice can spread.
The ART Leadership Community
As a graduate of The ART of Leadership program, you will be joining hundreds of fellow Level 3 graduates around the world – a beautiful, tight-knit, conscious and relational network of humans dedicated to living the work in their lives and gifts. You will also emerge out of your Level 3 program profoundly enriched with new and meaningful friendships and connections with your fellow participants. Level 3 cohorts of the past have stayed in touch for years (and counting) after their program ended.
Participants can expect the following experiences and outcomes from The ART of Leadership training program:
- The practice of authentic relating at the embodied level – the equivalent of speaking a language or playing an instrument without thinking about it, letting go of the structures that were necessary early on and learning to flow freely with the practice
- Depths of self-awareness and insight – the ability to both identify and articulate personal experience in real time, and to track previously unconscious patterns, habits, projections, and stories
- A set of powerful tools and practices to take out into the world and create contexts of human connection in all social domains, and enroll people into those contexts.
- A clear sense of purpose and mission in the world – we leverage the group field to reflect the essential values of each participant through the means of expertly facilitated practices
- Expanded capacity and newfound ability to facilitate groups toward coherence and trust, and to name the un-named in service of cultivating a shared perspective
- A profound journey of living, breathing, and dreaming authentic relating with other staff and participants for five intense days of practice
EARLY BIRD ~ (deposit by December 20, 2021)
- Shared room (double): $2,600
- Private room: $3,100 *limited availability*
- Level 3 Grads: $300 discount on above prices
FULL PRICE ~ (deposit after December 20, 2021)
- Shared room (double): $2,900
- Private room: $3,400 *limited availability*
- Level 3 Grads: $300 discount on above prices
*All prices listed are per person.
*Please note that there are five different room types and they all vary in size, shape, design and style.
Five percent of all ART profits are donated to Realness Project (RP), ART International’s sister organization and 501(c)3 nonprofit, bringing authentic relating training to jails, prisons and schools.
Submit your application for the Level 3 Leadership course
Please note that acceptance into the Leadership Course is by application only, and at this time, is open solely to ART Level 1 graduates.
Schedule an Exploratory Call with an ART Facilitator
If you aren’t quite sure that you’re ready to apply or you just have some questions and want to learn a little more about the program, this is a great place to start!
Fill out this short form to express interest in the program and one of our course leaders will be in touch with you soon, Together, we can explore whether this program is a good fit for you. We look forward to connecting with you!